[Trisquel-devel] Arm A20 Successful Install

Luis Guzman ark at switnet.org
Sat Mar 30 20:16:11 UTC 2024

Hello Ryan,

En 30/03/24 06:06, Ryan escribió:
> Hi all
>
> I thought I'd try posting to this list again, as it appears other
> people aren't having issues, so perhaps just me.

It's working now :)

> I posted a bit about my recent sucess in installing trisquel on arm a20
> devices using the trisquel arm base tarball and the FSFLA's linux-libre
> kernel.
>
> https://trisquel.info/en/forum/trisquel-arm-a20sunxi-success

That's great news, I'm sure a lot of users would like to have details on
how to achieve that.

> I just wondered if there is any plan to enable sunxi/sun7i in the
> current trisquel kernel builds for arm? (as is the case in the FSFLA
> freesh repo kernel builds)

We need to look at it.

ARM devices needs to be documented per device as there are plenty of SBC
that rely on non-free blobs and there are so many of them with little to
no clear docs.

Maybe

> Also is there any reason to not suppose
> the base install tarball is not suitable for daily/production use? Even
> if support for arm/arm64 is "Experimental"?

No, ARM on Aramo should be, to the extend of our knowledge, good to be
used on production. The "support" part is specifically for devices and
the installation process, if you have succeeded on installing your arm
device with trisquel, it should be good and stable as the rest of the
aramo repo.

Its all working nicely and
> I'dlike to use them on my servers, coming from Parabola arm, I am used
> to tweeking things if needed.

Nice, feel free to help test and report your findings here or at the
gitlab instance.

> Many Thanks for all your work on this and trisquel
>
> Ry

Cheers! \o/

--
Cuanto más gente resista, más gente va a ser Libre, y
más gente va a ser libre para ser Libre.

Por tu propio bien, y en solidaridad a todos,
elige la libertad.

¡Sé Libre!
http://fsfla.org/selibre/

Luis A. Guzmán G.