[Trisquel-devel] Install testing as per the dev meeting 2020/06/05

Leny leny2010 at protonmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:58:16 CEST 2020

inline

On Monday, June 8, 2020 2:29 AM, Leny <leny2010 at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Here are the bugs I found in the testing Etiona on various bits of kit I keep
> around here. All, so far, are with the 2020/05/15-16 amd64 ISOs.
>

> -   MATE
>

>     ** LE-01 nVidia 1050 GTX support (kernel really). The kernel is
>     carrying non-free blobs for nVIDIA GM20x and later cards.
>

>     The default kernel for MATE and presumably all of them supports the
>     nVIDIA 1050 GTX in 4K far enough to provide the greeting screen but
>     crashes on login. It shouldn't even do this, as the nouveau
>     developers indicate [1] GM20x and later nVIDIA cards require the
>     firmware to be signed by nVIDIA and there's little hope of that being
>     allowed for free software.
>

>     jxself's linux-libre doesn't carry them and correctly hands over to
>     fbdev for 1024x768 on my 28" 4K monitor :-).

Ruben,

As you requested.

Further to this I've tested again on the 2020-06-15 01:08 trisquel_9.0_amd64.iso.
The problem has changed slightly in that linux-libre now gives no display or

consoles unless booted in Safe Mode.  Attached find nv1050.tgz which contains

four copies of dmesg, journalctl and Xorg.0.log output depending on the conditions
described by the name of the directory they're in.

Have fun,

Leny / Andrew