[Trisquel-devel] WIP: Trisquel 8 release schedule; releasing alpha-0-day trisquel for early adopters and testers

Salman Mohammadi salman at ubuntu.ir
Sun Apr 24 17:25:39 CEST 2016

I have an idea which I would like to share with developers. We can
release a very immature version of Trisquel 8 and name this release as,
for instance, `alpha-0-day` to invite early adopters and testers to use
this version and report confronted bugs.

So, according to my plan, the Trisquel release schedule would be
something like this:

    + alpha-0-day
    + alpha-1
    + beta -1
    + release-candidate
    + final-release

       + alpha-0-day: released as early as Ubuntu branding issues have
been solved.
       + alpha-1: released when alpha issues have been solved.
       + beta-1: released when beta issues have been solved.
       + release-candidate: shaking out final bugs
       + final-release.

       alpha issues == FSDG issues in software source code, replace
firefox with Abrowser, replace thunderbird with icedove, installer
issues, Trisquel branding.

      beta issues == broken links, non-Ubuntu branding issues,
instructions for installing non-free software, conflict issues because
of renaming or removing packages, issues related to importing software
from non-Ubuntu repositories.