[Trisquel-devel] Issue tracker cleanup

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Tue Jan 13 02:50:44 CET 2015

In a round of cleanup of the issue tracker, Aklis and me have been
updating many issues today. One important set of issues we worked on are
the ones listing other issues, a good way to track overall progress and
pending tasks. So far we have worked on:

https://trisquel.info/en/issues/10056 List of Abrowser issues
https://trisquel.info/en/issues/10004 List of privacy issues
https://trisquel.info/en/issues/5052 List of branding issues
https://trisquel.info/en/issues/8038 List of FSDG issues (Next Release)
https://trisquel.info/en/issues/5311 List of FSDG issues (6.0 Version)

If you know of any other meta-issues we may have overlooked, please
tell.

Some notes:

* When linking to an issue, you can and should use [#1234] with the
issue number, instead of making an html link. That is not only simpler
but makes the links show the issue status, and they update
automatically.
* Issues that get listed on this kind of meta-issues should not be
marked as duplicates, as that defeats the point of marking issues as
duplicates. Duplicate means "ignore". Issues that were marked that way
are now set as "active".
* We have renamed the mentioned meta-issues, to "List of * issues", so
they are easier to find.
* I've cleaned up and condensed the comment threads in those issues, in
most cases by grouping the issues by author, but in some cases I put
everything in the first comment and deleted the others, for cleanliness
sake. Don't read anything personal in it ;)
* I think the two FSDG related lists should be merged. Discuss.

The next steps are going to be towards simplifying the tracker in
general, to avoid some confusing points (like statuses, priorities,
categories and components), implementing a triaging system, and adapting
the workflow to use with the git repos and merge requests.