[Trisquel-devel] Pull request howto

fr33domlover fr33domlover at riseup.net
Tue Jan 6 18:26:48 CET 2015

Hello,

I'd like to make a pull request (my first time ever, I never used githu8). I
know it's a simple process but I couldn't find clear info so here are some
questions. The context: Making a package-helper for lighttpd web server:

1. Do I put my changes inside a *new branch* of my fork, or do I first merge
them into my fork's *master* and then make a pul request?

2. Where do I refer users to submit a bug for a package that comes directly
from ubun7u? The Lighttpd webserver has a default index page that refers to
ubun7u's bug tracker. If I keep that, the index page might look strange - why
refer to Ubuntu in a Trisquel package? I can add a bit of text there to explain
why, but then I need to replace my package-helper `sed` call with a whole patch,
because adding text is more than just `sed`. Is that okay?

3. Is it okay to make non freedom related changes? For example, several GUI
packages are missing .desktop files so after installing them, they can't be
found in the application menu.

Thanks in advance :-)

---
fr33domlover         <http://www.rel4tion.org/people/fr33domlover>
GPG key ID:          63E5E57D (size: 4096)
GPG key fingerprint: 6FEE C222 7323 EF85 A49D  5487 5252 C5C8 63E5 E57D