[Trisquel-devel] Bits from the sysadmin

Santi Collazo santi at trisquel.info
Mon Jan 5 17:14:35 CET 2015

Hi

A lot of things happened since my last mail, so here is an update:

* Our gitlab instance is now published, and working. The registration is
open to anyone[1], instead of a per-user basis as I said in my first mail.

We got some user contributions,  congrats to leny2010[2] and akfoss[3] for
their first patches merged into trisquel!

* Due to the new visibility of package update issues, all live versions
(taranis, toutatis and belenos) are now up to date

There are some packages for toutatis that were left out at publishing time,
but they will be back soon

* There was some controversy in the user forums about the ability to have
personal repos[4].

User contributed repos are ready, but we can't enable them for all users,
as we need first to establish some kind of trusted bond
before allowing anyone to run commands on trisquel servers.
If you are active in the forum, create a development account and ask at
#trisquel-dev irc channel for the details.

* All the scripts neeeded to create a "clean" ubuntu repo, are published in
git[5] and its execution in trisquel logged to jenkins jobs [6]

More bits, next week. And as always, don't hesitate to say your toughs on
list, or off-list if you prefer.

Happy hacking
/aklis

[1] https://devel.trisquel.info/users/sign_up