[Trisquel-devel] Toutatis 6.0.1 update release ready for testing

Andrew M. 'Leny' Lindley leny2010 at member.fsf.org
Mon Aug 26 01:39:21 CEST 2013

From: Rubén Rodríguez Pérez <ruben at trisquel.info>
Subject: [Trisquel-devel] Toutatis 6.0.1 update release ready for
testing
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:29:00 +0200

> As a result of a bug in the build process for our current images,
> that
> under certain conditions would make use of google's dns servers, and
> also to take the oportunity to include all upgrades to date in the
> iso
> images, I've prepared a new set that is available for testing at the
> usual place: http://devel.trisquel.info/makeiso/iso/
>
> A short changelog:
>
> * Google dns servers are no longer listed as a fallback in
> resolvconf.
> * The i386 image does no longer make use of the pae kernel, leaving
> that
> for the user to do after installation. Same goes for the netinst.
> * Abrowser's privacy settings have been polished, disabling features
> that may send data to third parties.
> * All upgrades to date, as inherited from Ubuntu 12.04.3
>
> The upgraded images are not yet available in the cdimage server, as
> they
> need some testing first. Being updates to the already existing
> work, the
> testing should be short and easy.

I have successfully installed Trisquel Mini 6.0.1 on an Acer Aspire
One AOA150 using both the Try Trisquel and Install Trisquel methods
at the boot screen.  Some bugs:

On one run through I took a webcam picture using Ubiquity.  The
webcam could be seen in the viewer section of the dialog but the
picture taken was black.  This dialog could be disabled for Trisquel
Mini as the picture / photo isn't used by the system later.

Later in the same run, shortly after clicking Next/Continue on the
webcam dialog Ubiquity crashed with no message on the screen.  The
LXDE menu said the Logout program could not be found when I tried it
after this (I haven't tried it in other circumstances).  The system
was unbootable.

After an install using a USB key with some saveable disk created for
the boot image the end of install message indicates that no documents
will be saved.  I didn't test, but is that really the case or is the
message an assumption from CD installs?  This is only 'feature
request' as far as I am concerned.

Another feature request would be for an intelligent error message
when the user tries to boot an install SD card which has been set to
read only.  Currently there's just a message saying /dev/loop1 can't
be mounted on /cow

Using a live USB disk, Abiword documents can be saved but don't later
show up in the Recent section of the file open dialog.

Leny2010