[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel Mini: Post-beta test

roeplay at lavabit.com roeplay at lavabit.com
Fri May 14 07:03:47 CEST 2010

I've done a couple of hours of testing the Trisquel Mini beta. Wonderful
work! This is going to turn out very well, I can tell.

I've located the following issues during testing that need to be
addressed:

--A few applications have translation issues (previously mentioned)
--The panel is too small, even for low (ex. 1024 x 768) resolutions. It
should have a height of 28 px with 26 px icons
--mtPaint tooltip description should be simplified to: Edit pixel art and
digital photos
--There is no trash icon (I realize this is a limitation of pcmanfm). All
deleting is permanent. Apparently, there is a high priority issue in LXDE
and is getting worked on, along with the auto-mounting and
screensaver issues I mention below. See: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/To_Do
--Gnome-help does not work (is it left uninstalled to conserve space?)
--Yelp is left uninstalled (Gnumeric relies on it to display offline help,
and perhaps other applications also)
--"Add and Remove Applications" is missing
--Panel icons for the laptop battery and minimizing all windows need to be
changed to the ones from the Trisquel theme
--USB startup disk creator (~0.3 MB) is missing
--In software sources, under Updates tab: "Show new distribution releases"
should be changed from "Long Term Support releases only" to "normal
releases"
--We need a scanner applications (preferably simple-scan)
--The digital clock on the panel should be displayed in bold font. Also,
the clock format could be improved. Currently it displays 24 hr. "military
time". For it to display common 12-hour time with AM or PM, change the
Clock Format input text to: %l:%M %p
--Spell check does not work at all in either Abiword or Epiphany   --There
is no system monitoring application. For about 1 MB, Hardinfo (homepage:
http://wiki.hardinfo.org/HomePage) a powerful and neat
application, can be added, and it includes Htop.
--Currently, there are no screensavers. Do you think it is worth the 7.5 MB?
--Screenshots cannot be taken (although it isn't worth the 40 MB of
dependencies)
--In a bunch of different applications, external links to online help or
whatever do not work because they can't find child process "firefox". It
needs to be set to work with Epiphany.
--The Epiphany ogg player (tested on Wikimedia Commons .ogg music and the
gnu.org Stephen Fry video) does not show the time position and is unable
to seek forwards or backwards
--CDs and external drives do not mount when properly connected