[Trisquel-translators] Fw: Re: New language?

Antiesnob L.R.D.P. antiesnob at linuxmail.org
Tue Feb 25 20:48:05 CET 2014

Selam! I don't think there is any user that can translate into Chinese except you, so you'll be on a solely task. I don't know exactly the statistics about Linux in China but I would be glad to see Trisquel landing there.
To become a translator the best you can do is to contact quidam or David on IRC. But that is just to get the label. You can translate pages without having that label:
1- Get to the wiki page you want to translate logged in.
2- Click on the button "Translate".
3- Then click in "add" on the language you want to translate.

Well, the above will not work because you language is not enabled. But you can copy to a text file the wiki code of a page and start translating it. Keep it with you and continue translating other pages that way. When you have a sufficient amount of translated pages tell quidam or David to enable Chinese.

I'm working on a wiki contributors page and then I'll work on a translators contributors wiki page and Muhammed will revised them. Those will be ready in about 3 weeks and should be helpful for you.
I recommend you to start translating basic and useful pages for new users and Windows users (Windows users turning to Linux/Trisquel). Add the URLs of your translated pages on a text file so you can keep track of them. Please check this page http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/documentation. There you can find All Manuals https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/all-manuals started by Muhammed to reunite all pages there in a useful categorization. There are a few tips on issues and there are pages that would be good to translate. Also, notice that some Trisquel pages cannot be edited. In those cases you will not have a wiki code (or HTML). Thus, you'll need to contact David or quidam to let you know how to work on them.

translators at trisquel.info does not exists at the moment. It is an idea for prevent attacks on e-mails. Team leaders of translations should be reach thru it and if someone leaves the community or dies that e-mail will go to another person becoming a translator leader of all teams. translators at trisquel.info is an obfuscated address not implemented yet.

Antiesnob
L.R.D.P.