[Trisquel-translators] SirGrant propose something like a "Translations Coordinator" figure

blackbit blackbit at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 30 22:19:02 CEST 2012

Hello fell at ws,

After the last 'Translation Wiki' initiative created by Morne Alberts:
http://ves.cat/a-d3

And the contribution posted by Alessandro Matsetes:
http://ves.cat/a-d7

Here comes what could be the definitive suggestion, made by SirGrant:

SirGrant:

I was thinking about this. I think it might not be a bad idea to:

1) Setup a email address forwarding for something like translators
[at] trisquel [dot] info
2) Place someone (ideally someone who has been translating for a
while) in charge and have the email forward to their address. If this
person was to ever leave the project we can re-direct the email
address to another member.
3) Have them in charge of adding new languages and acting as a go
between for translators and devs

Basically people would contact the email who are interested in adding
new languages.

Ideally this person would NOT be quidam. That way it is one less thing
for him to have to worry about. That way the translation part of
Trisquel would be more like a separate self-maintained project so
quidam can focus on working on the distro and not worry about
translation so much.

Full thread on the issue : http://ves.cat/a-d

Cheers!