[Trisquel-members] Trisquel Planet

jason.alden.benoit at gmail.com jason.alden.benoit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 00:51:43 CET 2012

Just wanted to give a kudos/props to the way this was ultimately handled.
Language will always be a barrier and present obstacles, but at the end of
the day, I think the idea is to give options, and let whomever wishes to
fork/promote is allowed to do so. It would be nice if more people blogged
in English, but that just means "we" need to get the word out and seek
assistance by prolific English speaking bloggers. It seems foolhardy to try
to limit other languages from being able to contribute, for it all helps
the bottom line. Without the Spanish community, there is a good chance many
English speakers would not have been exposed to Trisquel, including myself.

 I understand Mario's frustrations, but there is a saying, you catch more
flies with honey. As you can see, "official" spokesmen like Ruben did speak
up and do care. I've seen you all working together in IRC, so it seems
things worked out. Thank you for taking the time Mario, for in the end,
feedback is feedback. Lastly, I don't believe in luck, other than it's what
we make of it. Having said that, good luck all in reaching your goals...
keep up the good, well actually, great work, all of you.

Jason Alden Benoit

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM, Morne Alberts <mornealberts at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Mario
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Mario Gervais <mgervais at mailoo.org>
> wrote:
> > I am talking about the Official Trisquel website! And i see only
> spanish! I
> > said forget it! I am heading for trisquel-planet.ca
> >
> > By the way i asked a month ago to help translate the web site in french
> and
> > i still have no answer... There is section that i can't get access. I
> asked
> > to add pages in the site and i got no answer...
>
> If you still wish to help with translations, please let me know what
> specific problems you are having. If you have already posted your
> issues on the website, please give me a link to it. Otherwise post
> your issues to the Translators list
> (trisquel-translators at listas.trisquel.info). Ideally, if you can ask
> me (nick: malberts) for help on IRC I can help you quicker. I believe
> I have seen you there before.
>
> We are currently aware of a list of things that cannot be changed by
> the translators. You can see those pages in this issue:
> https://trisquel.info/en/issues/4731.
>
> We would really appreciate if you could still help us!
>
> Thanks
> Morne

-- Jason A. Benoit

We engrave upon everyone our image with all action taken and words spoken,
and turn them into molds that shape others, just as they have done to us. -
Villein