[Trisquel-members] Members' recognition

Morne Alberts mornealberts at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:59:19 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Benjamin Rochefort
<rochefort.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Basically, who's in charge of that membership program?

As far as I know quidam (Ruben) is the only one who is involved with
the website's administrative tasks.

At the moment the membership procedure consists of enabling the
"Member" status on a user's profile. This has to be activated
manually. Besides the "I am a Member" status and the recording of the
donation, I believe everything else is handled outside of the website.

> I think it's a great idea in order for Trisquel to grow (that's what we all
> wish for), but in order for it to succeed, members need to feel that their
> contribution is valued and appreciated.
>
> As I wrote on the forum, an automatic thank you note would be a first step.
>  And then of course, if something has been promised as a perk, some
> visibility must be provided (for instance 'your USB key will be shipped from
> <USA/Spain> around this date.  Please allow xxx days for delivery.  If you

There is an addon module for the site's content management system that
will allow a rule to be triggered on a specific condition (user
profile has been updated with "Member" status) and then send a
personalised email. Depending on how the site has been setup, it
should not really be a lot of work.

> I don't think we have that many members that we can afford to lose some of
> them for such reasons that are easy to fix!

I agree. Furthermore, there are some other issues with translation
that really should be getting attention. I'm not going to derail this
thread with specifics, but it looks bad for outside users and when the
translators cannot fix it themselves it is discouraging to them.

Morne Alberts