[Trisquel-devel] Package questions

Ryan rynosp at talk2eo.me.uk
Tue Apr 9 10:50:29 UTC 2024

Hi all

After my recent success getting Aramo booting on both the cubieboard2
and banana pi, I hade been looking at migrating my server setups to it,
however I hit a snag when I looked at moving my email server. So I have
couple of questions regarding some packages in (or not it) the
repositories.

Firstly, the version of rspamd (2.7), which is trisquel downstream of
the version in Ubuntu 22.04, does this package get any kind of support
at any stage (i.e Debian, Ubuntu or Trisquel) in terms of security?,
given it is older and the developer of rspamd seems to be quite hot on
dropping older versions and strongly suggests against the use of the
versions used in debain-ubuntu. Seen here:
https://rspamd.com/packages_support_policy.html
Is this package still suitable for use in a production setting?

Secondly, The alternative to using rspamd would be a combo of
spamassassin, postgrey, opendkim and opendmarc, however ubuntu 22.04
lts didn't seem to provide opendmarc for that release (which is strange
as buster and bullseye did), so it doesn't exsist for us in trisquel,
despite it being available for others such as arm64 and x86, Is there
anything that can be done during this release to get the package for
armhf or will it be a case of waiting for Trisquel 12?. which should
have it as its in the 24.04lts

Any help with this is as always much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ryan