[Trisquel-devel] Reproducible build of Trisquel 11? Comparison with Ubuntu 22.04?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Wed Mar 1 00:22:59 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:40:28 -0600
Luis Guzman <ark at switnet.org> wrote:

> > Together with a
> > reproducible build status page, a diff like that would be useful
> > for me.
>
> You can check current status build at jenkins.trisquel.org
Is there a plan to have Trisquel added to the list of distros which
are involved reproducible builds[1]?

I'm also working on documenting the FSDG compliant distributions, and
if Trisquel is added to that list, I could then mention that it does
support reproducible builds[2].

The Trisquel rootfs created with debuerreotype also look reproducible,
though I've only tested under Parabola by by creating Trisquel etiona
rootfs so far[3][4].

PS: For the record, supporting reproducible builds doesn't mean that
    things are perfect. As far as I know it only means that the
    distribution tracks reproducibility, and that non-reproducible
    packages are bugs, and probably that there is some effort to keep
    the distribution mostly reproducible or to make it reproducible.