[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel 8 development images, Jan 9

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Sat Jan 28 02:02:07 CET 2017

On 01/10/2017 05:27 AM, Santiago Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just FYI, there is a (long) queue of merge requests from other
> developers waiting for feedback:
>
> https://devel.trisquel.info/groups/trisquel/merge_requests
>
> By the way, after creating our own gitlab & jenkins instance in order to
> help manage contributions, I don't know what more can I do to help
> Trisquel sustainability.
>
> In my humblest opinion, you should stop going forward on your own, and
> start helping others to contribute and take responsability over parts of
> the project. Think about the current state of updates (
> http://jenkins.trisquel.info:8085/job/signed-binaries/buildTimeTrend ),
> and how it's very difficult for anyone to contribute to Trisquel 8, as
> there isn't any roadmap or task list for others to chip in.
>
>  Trisquel 8 should have involvement from the development community in
> order to be sustainable, or shouldn't be.

You are right. I started to work on the merge request queue and focus on
organizational tasks instead of one-sided development. One way to, as
you suggest, spread the responsibility and free some bottlenecks could
be to allow others to review and accept merge requests.

I'll also work on a roadmap, plus a list of clearly identified tasks
that can be bundled together so we can try to find volunteers for each.