[Trisquel-devel] you're killing contributors' motivation, Ruben.

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Sat Jan 28 01:54:37 CET 2017

On 01/23/2017 05:27 PM, Salman Mohammadi wrote:
> Dear Ruben,
>
> Firstly, I wanna thank you for all the effort that you have put into
> making Trisquel and developing it. I understand it's a difficult task
> which takes a lot of time. *
> *
>
> *B*ut unfortunately, it seems that you do not care about the community
> so much. You want to do everything by yourself. In the last 12 months
> you have only once commented under a merge request in the GitLab
> instance.

Hello Salman,

I agree with your concern, I failed to follow up with merge requests as
I should have. I should also reverse my priorities, and use the brief
windows I have to work in the project to focus in freeing the
bottlenecks and helping volunteers, instead of (as I've done recently)
focus on the next release and other low hanging fruit.

As a result of this, I've take a vacation day today and worked on the
merge request list, which is now considerably shorter. I plan to
continue doing this through the next weeks, focusing on clearing the
queue, going through outstanding bugs and improving the automated build
system (which is not in the best shape right now).

I hope you would reconsider continuing with your help to the project, I
wish you the best in either case, and I'll understand if you won't.

Sincerely,
Ruben.