[Trisquel-devel] New Trisquel 8 development images

Lee Strobel leestrobel at disroot.org
Sat Dec 30 23:56:21 CET 2017

Hi,

I just want to mention that I did try to test the new Trisquel 8 ISOs
on my laptop, using Qemu, but I don't think the hardware is up to the
task. It's an old Macbook with Core 2 Duo and only 1 GB of RAM. I tried
the 'Try Trisquel Without Installing' option and it tried to boot it,
but it was unusably slow.

I have a more powerful desktop at home that I can try it on (I'm
travelling atm). Otherwise, I will see if I can re-partition my
laptop's HDD to create a couple of fresh partitions for testing
Trisquel 8.

Might take me a few days though.

Lee