[Trisquel-devel] New Trisquel 8 development images

David Hunt dahunt at posteo.de
Fri Dec 29 18:00:23 CET 2017

Followup on accessibility testing:

Sometimes, when restarting or waking from suspend, file manager windows,
the menus, the run dialogue, and indicators become unaccessible; only
fix, so far, is to reboot the system.  It is rare, and I don't know what
triggers it; maybe some kind of hard-to-reproduce race condition?

Expected behavior:  When focused on any of the affore-mentioned objects,
screen reader should announce and/or present in braille, the object's
name and selected item, and changes made by moving with the cursor or
arrow keys.  When the reported condition occurs, screen reader is silent
when user works with the focused object.  I haven't yet seen this
reported on Orca's mailing list; perhaps it's been addressed in updates
to orca and/or mate desktop?

Kind Regards,

Dave  Hunt