[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel 8 starts its path

Tobias Platen trisquel at platen-software.de
Tue Mar 1 17:27:20 CET 2016

On 03/01/2016 03:56 PM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:24:53 +0100
>
>> As interesting note, we are working on the ppc64el build of Trisquel 8
>> thanks to the hardware resources donated by raptorengineeringinc.com
> Will you also support ARM?
>
> While no ARM laptops are RYF yet, lot of them are really better than
> the average x86 computer in term of freedom.
Not only laptops, but also single board computers such as the BeagleBone
Black can be used in complete freedom. A port of trisquel's userland
would be nice for those computers, the kernel and bootloader could be
compiles using buildroot.
The libreboot project recommends the BeagleBone Black as a replacement
for Raspberry Pi, because no proprietery software is needed to boot the
system. Raspberry Pi cannot be used as it lacks a free real time
operating system for the GPU.