[Trisquel-devel] New bugtracker workflow proposal

Andrew 'Leny' Lindley andrew at andrewlindley.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 09:34:39 CET 2015

From: Andrew 'Leny' Lindley <andrew at andrewlindley.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Trisquel-devel] New bugtracker workflow proposal
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 05:00:32 +0000 (GMT)

> Long post warning
>
> From: santi at trisquel.info (Santiago Rodríguez)
> Subject: [Trisquel-devel] New bugtracker workflow proposal
> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 00:54:15 +0100
>
>> As discussed in our last meeting, the current bugtracker  makes it
>> difficult to find bugs to work on, and that has a heavy impact over users
>> that want to contribute to trisquel, but aren't able to find a field to
>> help with.

[snip my proposal for length]

On reflection I see that in non-technical terms what my 'workflow'
boils down to is answering the famous 5 Ws [and an H] twice and then
making any code change.  So for additional clarity:

* 2. Triage

   Answer Who? What? Why? Where? When? and How? from the users'
   perspective.  Search on it etc.

* 3. Team Validation

   Answer Who? What? Why? Where? When? and How? from the code's
   perspective.  Search on it etc.

* 4. Developer Issue

  Pick your own sanity checked, stability oriented patching process &
  let the user know / keep them informed.

Leny