[Trisquel-devel] New bugtracker workflow proposal

Santiago Rodríguez santi at trisquel.info
Fri Mar 6 21:04:01 CET 2015

Answered inline

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Michał Masłowski <mtjm at mtjm.eu> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/bugtracker-proposal
>
> > Any comments/feedback ?
>
> I have several questions:
>
> - "User support: Bugs that can doesn't need any code change, only user
>   configuration/guide": should be "bugs that don't need", or are bugs
>   that possibly need changes also there?

I changed it to "bugs that don't need", but I think we need a better
wording, as the user filling the bug doesn't know in this stage if the
problem is a misconfiguration, or a software problem.

Bug thats need code changes should be under "Trisquel" project, "User
support" should be limited to help request that can be handled without a
new version of a package.

> - I assume it will be obvious for users that packages in default install
>   aren't in the "Packages" component.

May be not for new users, but that's why there is a "Confirmed" state, so
general users can fill bugs, and more experienced ones help with.

What about removing "Packages" and use "Live System" for packages in
default install, and  "Trisquel" for others?

> - Do Upstream issues have this workflow: New -> Confirmed (after next
>   release) -> Closed?
>
> The "After next release" is up to upstream, not us. It means the bug will
be closed on trisquel once is closed upstream, and a new version is
packaged.

> - Branding bugs that affect FSDG-compliance or that cause trademark
>   license violations have higher priority?  None of the priority
>   descriptions apply to FSDG-related bugs.

IMHO, any FSDG bug is a License problem ( may be we can should call it
"FSDG" instead) , not a branding issue, so they will fit under "License
problems" category.

I hope this helps. As said, this is a draft, so changes are not optional,
but needed :P

/santi