[Trisquel-devel] Call for comments - New build system

Santi Collazo santi at trisquel.info
Wed Nov 26 21:53:57 CET 2014

Hi

As Ruben said on the forums, I'm working on a cleaner build system, and
automatic package buildings.

My first steps on the first subject are documented here:

https://devel.trisquel.info/aklis/trisquel-builder

And, in order to try them, this change needs to be applied to the helpers:

https://devel.trisquel.info/aklis/package-helpers/commit/68801b100df36bd6cb70f3fff2eff0d1f83e8653

This commit changed how helpers work, as they won't build the binary
package, only the source one.

Once the source package is built, the binary packages must be created with
pbuilder

The main goal is a transition between the current system that creates
chroots and builds the packages inside them,  and split the two steps, the
creation of a source package, and the building of binary packages for as
many architechtures as needed.

About the build system, it's being tested, but we need to refine it a bit
before we can put it in production. Stay tuned...

Any feedback is welcomed!

/santi