[Trisquel-devel] Packaging for Trisquel

Andrew 'Leny' Lindley andrew at andrewlindley.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 02:03:19 CET 2014

From: Tobiasplaten <trisquel at platen-software.de>
Subject: Re: [Trisquel-devel] Packaging for Trisquel
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 09:05:43 +0100

> Hello,
>
> Currently I am also working on a free software replacement for the
> nonfree VOCALOID software,
> and I have released some packages for Trisquel using an Ubuntu PPA. I
> asked in the Trisquel forums,
> how I can publish my software and the suggestes to add those packages
> to Debian. But first one has to
> become a Debian maintainer, which is not easy.
>
> I think it should be possible for a Trisquel user to submit packages
> to the current Trisquel repository.
>
> Tobias Platen
>
> On 20.12.2014 15:37, fr33domlover wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> It may be a bit early but I'd like to know what you think.
>>
>> I'm working on some small pieces of software which will soon
>> (hopefully) be
>> ready for packaging (I already made some tarballs but they need a bit
>> more
>> work). Some C++ libraries. They're not stable yet, but I'm testing
>> them so they
>> will be usable.
>>
>> My original thought was to try getting them into Debian, but after all
>> the mess
>> and dirty politics there, I decided not to become part of that. So I
>> had a new
>> idea: make packages directly for Trisquel (and possibly other
>> distros). Of
>> course I can host my own deb repository, but it would be nice if
>> Trisquel would
>> have them in its repos (if they pass the standard).
>>
>> Since Trisquel is generally a downstream distro (takes most packages
>> from
>> ubun7u as-is), I wonder whether it would include arbitrary packages as
>> upstream
>> (i.e. not trisquel specific things but general ones like my C++
>> libraries).
>>
>> Would Trisquel consider including such packages in its repos? I could
>> be the
>> maintainer of them myself so nobody needs to do extra work (I hope).

Tobias, fr33domlover,

IIUC, the new Trisquel GitLab/Jenkins developer community system
which is in alpha/beta/under development will eventually provide such
a feature.  jxself has recently restated this point in the user
forum.

It will of course be ready when it is baked, which is in numerically
the same amount of time as the length of a piece of string :-).

Leny