[Trisquel-devel] Brigantia (and previous versions): Update Manager does not show changelogs and raises an unhandled exception.

Andrzej P andrzej at morgangilbert.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 18:57:18 CET 2012

On 07/03/12 15:24, Andrzej P wrote:
> I have not seen any changelogs in Update Manager for a long time now.
> It seems that the changelogs in the
> 'http://packages.trisquel.info/changelogs/pool/' hierarchy are not
> synchronised with the packages in the archive. This is unfortunate
> but also exposes a bug in the 'make-update-manager' Trisquel helper
> script. This bug predates Brigantia.

I notice that the steps to reproduce the bug that I gave previously
no longer work since the required changelog is now available.
However, I can currently reproduce the bug by just running the latest
available iso
(e.g.
<http://devel.trisquel.info/makeiso/iso/trisquel_5.5-20120312_i686.iso>)
and running 'update-manager'.  Opening the "Description of update"
pane and selecting most of the updates currently causes the previously
described behaviour.

By way of illustration, here's the sort of thing that is happening:

Upstream:
$ python -c 'print "Ubuntu %s" % "ROCKS!"'
Ubuntu ROCKS!

Trisquelified (but buggy):
$ python -c 'print "Trisquel" % "IS FREE!"'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
--
Andrzej P