[Trisquel-devel] [Trisquel-users] Antwort: iwl3945 Problem

David Rodríguez Álvarez david at sognus.com
Wed Apr 25 10:57:31 CEST 2012

Hello, Jos. In fact I feel you were answered pretty well in the forum
thread: We will not help you with installing non-free software. If we
were willing to do so, you wouldn't be having this problem in the first
place :)

The linux-libre kernel is deblobbed and doesn't know what to do with
that file, and that's not an accident, it's the intended behaviour.

As Sir Grant suggested, find another card that works, because this one
will not work with linux-libre unless Intel releases the ucode under a
free license. So voicing your displeasure with them is the only way to
go in the aspect of making it supported. Explaining your client why it's
not possible to make it work with 100% free software is also important,
since he/she might be interested in the matter of computer freedom.

Best regards,

David.