[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel 4 preinstalled translations

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Fri May 28 16:27:14 CEST 2010

We should think about making some changes in our list of preinstalled
languages for this next release. The way the installer works -it is
translated to all languages, and if the system is connected to the
internet it will download any required translation during the install
process- brings us several possibilities:

We can remove all the preinstalled languages and make room for more
applications or even advocacy works like audio, video and text files.

We can also choose to keep those translations -for those users with no
internet connection-, and we can change the default selection if needed.

Another option is to create a DVD with all the translations installed.

Ideas?