[Trisquel-devel] Improvements in the web browser addons list

Flop Flop flop333 at yahoo.es
Thu May 13 01:28:23 CEST 2010

I have been adding some web-browser complements to the list, though I have some questions:

a) Is is correct to add scripts  for Greasemonkey to this list?

b) Should I/we translate into Spanish the english descriptions of the complements? Point (2) of the wiki list (http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/add-ons) states we should not translate it, though the page which loads when you click on "get complements" in web browser leads to a page where descriptions are in Spanish -I have been translating them so far-.

Further on the same topic, when you click on the flags corresponding to the different languages of the page with the actual complements (http://trisquel.info/es/browser) those pages only show those complements for which "language neutral" was selected when created. Should it no be better to have all as "language neutral" and include more than one language in the description for each one of the complements (e.g. english/Spanish to start with)? Otherwise it seems necessary to multiplicate work if you have to add complements to each one of the pages of the different languages covered.

c) I am unable to find the link to the source code (BSD license) for Aardvark. Besides, the page of the project says:

"Aardvark was created by Rob Brown (rjbrown en gmail.com) and
now belongs to vark.com. All Rights Reserved."

The domain and activities of vark.com seems to have nothing to do with this complement and it also seems to belong now to Google (http://blog.vark.com/?p=361).