[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel Gamer 3.5

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Fri Apr 23 16:33:36 CEST 2010

> No. I don't know how to make a Debian package, but I'm willing to
> learn.

Trivial pacakges are very easy to make, I'll send you some templates.

> > - Can you list those customization files?
> >
> Sure, but there are a lot! In the live DVD the modified directories
> are:
>
> - /etc/gdm/PreSession : The script mount-usb.py is here.
> - /usr/share/desktop-directories : Created the new game categories.
> - /usr/share/applications : Modified all .desktop files to assign them
> to the new categories.

This might fail after upgrades, it applies to any modified file. I know
you can't upgrade a DVD, but using .desktop override files
at /usr/local/share/applications should simplify your work.

> > - Can you briefly explain the build or customization work you did?

I meant that I'd like to know the build process you follow. Do you
start with the standard iso and modify it, or do you debootstrap the
system from scrath? What steps do you do? Is it automated?

> The iso is i386, but this is intentional: I want Trisquel Gamer to be
> as easy to use as possible: There's no installation, language
> selection, boot options, no applications besides the web browser,
> etc. In the hardware side, I want it to be compatible with the
> hardware listed at the system requirements page
> http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/system-requirements

I've modified the video card section, since ATI cards are not supported
for 3D.

>, but most Pentium 4
> chips doesn't have the amd64 extensions, so they would not be
> compatible.

The i386 iso would. Gamers tend to value performance a lot, so a 64 bit
iso might be handy. With an automated build system it should be easy.