[Trisquel-devel] {Desarmado} Re: Documenting reasons for removal of packages

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Thu Apr 15 00:58:13 CEST 2010

> Can you give me an example of an ubuntu package that has been
> explicitely removed from Trisquel?

The actual lists are here:
http://devel.trisquel.info/ubuntu/purge-hardy
http://devel.trisquel.info/ubuntu/purge-jaunty
http://devel.trisquel.info/ubuntu/purge-karmic

And as I said the reasons are documented here:
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Software_blacklist

We also remove some Ubuntu metapackages and branding stuff that is free
but not needed in Trisquel.

> How was it decided?

We discuss the issues in the gnu-linux-libre list (see
freedsoftware.org), and also with the fsf staff and rms when needed.

> A single person can decide to remove a package
> alone?

If a package is not free, I put it in the black lists. Anybody can send
a report to the issue tracker pointing to an offending package.

> Or does the Trisquel developer community have to vote on it?

There is no need for a vote, if a package is hard to decide we do as
the fsf staff or rms recommend.