[Trisquel-devel] Translating the wiki

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Thu Apr 1 00:01:37 CEST 2010

> Ok, I have suscribed to the devel-list. However until I get familiar
> with the way to use the list and the wiki, I would grateful if
> someone more skillful could introduce the Spanish translation quoted
> above. I have tried to use the "translation" tab, but again it
> affects the contents of the english version -I think I have been
> succesful in reverting to the english version again-. When I have
> some more time I will try to learn how to use the wiki.

The translation process works like this: Go to a wiki page (or other
translatable content) you want to work on, like this one:
http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/trisquel-35-awen-release-notes

Then press on "translate" and then on "add translation" for the desired
language. That will start a new article (with its own node number)
inheriting the contents of the original article -you can delete all
that content when you want, it is just provided as a template-. Then
you just need to translate and save the new article.

To be able to see and use the "translate" tab you need to be in the
translators group, please request it in this list if needed.