[Trisquel-announce] New packages database

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Wed Apr 27 17:31:14 CEST 2011

Today we launch our new packages database website at
http://packages.trisquel.info/

Using the same software as the matching sites at Debian and Ubuntu, it
shows the details about all the packages we distribute, including
comprehensive descriptions and relationships, categories, list of
files, changelogs, and even screenshots. We hope it will not only help
navigate our catalogue, but allow to further filter our servers of
non-free files and packages.

The steps needed to build the site provided also the databases required
for apt-file to work in Trisquel, as well as allowing the upgrader
application to show the changes for every update.

And remember, we can provide you with this new site because Trisquel has
complete and fully independent repositories, serving you over 300GB of
free software packages. Help sustain the project by becoming an
associate member today: http://trisquel.info/member