[Trisquel-users] installing Trisquel 8 and mini fail on x60s

xliang9550 at live.cn xliang9550 at live.cn
Sun Jul 28 15:51:10 CEST 2019

Hopefully you don't have to return to "use" Windows. I do appreciate your
progress in trying to install a free/libre operating system distribution by
yourself. You have also shown the willingness to study, which is invaluable.

That you purchased X60s to install Trisquel is an excellent starting point.
So keep studying and don't give up. Now you can try to improve your hardware
DIY capability using the X60s machine. Buy a set of nice tools (mainly
screwdrivers) and search for the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your
machine. Practice until you can skillfully disassemble and re-assemble it and
replace damaged parts.

My community friends and I have been preparing some beginner's documents. We
hope you were still using GNU/Linux when we finish them in the near future.