[Trisquel-users] Questions About Keepassxc, VeraCrypt, ZuluCrypt and Some Others

sk6354 at tutamail.com sk6354 at tutamail.com
Wed Jul 24 19:05:01 CEST 2019

Hi again.

I want to thank both of you, Magic Banana and dctrud, for responding so
quickly.

@Magic Banana - Thanks for correcting me about the origin of Trisquel
(Trisquel 8 is based on Ubuntu 16.04.) and that it was not Debian.

Now, I have to go to Ubuntu 16.04 to get ZuluCrypt, which I can find as
"zulucrypt-gui" That's fine because I prefer the gui anyway. Also, since
KeepPassXC is in Ubuntu 18.04, while I'm on Ubuntu's site, I'll grab that
too. Fantastic!

Now returning to VeraCrypt and ZuluCrypt, I thought that the VeraCrypt people
had cleaned up TrueCrypt. That's a shame! Also, if ZuluCrypt is one of the
ways, other than VerCrypt itself, to logging into VeraCrypt, why would I even
need ZuluCrypt to log into VeraCrypt? I know that ZuluCrypt does some other
things, but if I'm mainly going to use it to open my VerCrypt files (which
I'll have to move somewhere else) what good is ZuluCrypt in my case? Is there
a "free" alternative to VeraCrypt that has hidden features that you know of?

@dctrud - If I don't grab Keepasxc from Ubuntu 18.04, I'll try to get
"keepassxc/etiona 2.3.1+dfsg.1-1 amd64" from Trisquel 9.0. Since I do prefer
the latest Keepassxc, maybe I'll get it from Guix. I'll check that out too.

Again, thanks to both of you for all of your help. If I need anymore
assistance, I'll be back!