[Trisquel-users] Re : Questions About Keepassxc, VeraCrypt, ZuluCrypt and Some Others

lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue Jul 23 03:05:35 CEST 2019

Welcome!

Trisquel 8 is based on Ubuntu 16.04.  Of the three programs you list, only
ZuluCrypt is in the repository of Ubuntu 16.04 and it is as well in the
repository of Trisquel 8: the package is named "zulucrypt-gui" (assuming you
want the graphical front end).  KeepPassXC is not in the repository of Ubuntu
16.04, but it is in the repository of Ubuntu 18.04.  I am not aware of any
freedom issue with it.  That is why I believe it will be in Trisquel 9's
repository.  On the contrary, not all VeraCrypt is free software:
https://www.infoworld.com/article/2609745/truecrypt-or-false--would-be-open-source-project-must-clean-up-its-act.html