[Trisquel-users] What Jabber client do you all use with Trisquel and Trisquel mini?

lovexdrew at gmail.com lovexdrew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 13:43:18 CEST 2019

I want to use Jabber from my X60 with Trisquel Mini and since I am unable to
install Gajim or Dino or Psi, I am wondering what you are all using.

With Gajim the package in the repos is way way too old, but installing the
current version via their website here

https://gajim.org/downloads.php?lang=en#ubuntu

Tells me to do this

sudo wget -q https://gajim.org/gajim.key -O - | apt-key add -

which results in it saying only root can do that, so I type su and it asks
for a password but I only know my own password and not roots password. Typing
my own password does not work.

Trying to install Dino leads me to this page
https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=network:messaging:xmpp:dino&package=dino

But trying to install from a .DEB file results in an error saying libgcrypt20
is an unsatisfiable dependency.

Next I tried to install Psi. The build of Psi on the repos is so out of date.
Even though the current version of Psi is from 2017. I tried to get that from
their website, but they only offer raw source code, or a windows installer.
I'm not going to pretend I'm smart enough to make a working .DEB package out
of source code.

So what do you all use?