[Trisquel-users] Trisquel 7 and Trisquel 8 Question

pieternobel at mykolab.com pieternobel at mykolab.com
Fri Jul 19 11:34:56 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have Trisquel 7. Somewhere under in my screen there is a symbol with a
yellow triangle with in the middle a exclamation mark. When I push on it I
got the following message:

"The update information is outdated. This may be caused by network problems
or by a repository that is no longer available. Please update manually by
selecting 'Show updates' from the indicator menu, and watching for any
failing repositories."

When I push on "Show updates" I got the following message:

"The software on this computer is up to date. However, Trisquel 8.0 LTS is
now available (you have 7.0)."
Three options are now available: Settings..., Upgrade... and OK

When I push on Upgrade nothing happens.

Questions:
-What should I do to get a good updated Trisquel operating system? And there
for the yellow triangle with exclamation mark is not showed any more.

Kind regards,

Pieter