[Trisquel-users] 32-bit boot, 64-bit CPU

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Wed Jul 17 21:37:51 CEST 2019

> Hi everyone, new the forum here and looking to become a Trisquel user.

Welcome. :)

According to this answer,[1] the Ubuntu 16.04 installer works in this
situation. Since Trisquel 8 is based on Ubuntu 16.04, the Trisquel 8
installer might work too.

If it doesn't, you might have to chroot from a live session after
installing in order to install 32-bit GRUB. If that turns out to be
necessary I'll explain how. For now, I would give installation a try and
see if you run into problems.

> I'm wondering whetehr this problem has ever been
> addressed and resolved in Trisquel, and if so,
> preferrably with Libreboot.

Is the machine already librebooted?