[Trisquel-users] Re : Transmission won't connect to trackers in Trisquel 8

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Wed Jul 17 21:26:55 CEST 2019

> So, for the specific example you gave, the user of
> Belenos who removed the "trisquel" metapackage and
> updates to Flidas should still have a working GNOME
> Flashback (at least if I correctly remember what is
> Belenos's default desktop environment).  That said, and
> as I wrote before, I am unsure: I have not tested that.

Many forum users have reported logging into a broken system after
upgrading from Belenos to Flidas, and installing "trisquel" fixed the
issue. Here's one example,[1] and I recall there being several others.
I'm not sure why LightDM would choose to default to MATE or whether
GNOME Flashback was still intact.

[1] https://trisquel.info/en/forum/tirsquel-8-upgrade-disaster-windowing-broken-panels-broken-etc#comment-132921