[Trisquel-users] How to install adapta-gtk-theme on Trisquel

info at libreshop.eu info at libreshop.eu
Wed Jul 17 21:01:15 CEST 2019

Hello

Recently, I changed my whole DE and theme and iconset, ...
I'm using 2 laptops(both X200). 1 with parabola, 1 with Trisquel.

My Parabola was KDE plasma 5 + breeze theme
My Tisquel was LXDE + Trisquel default theme

I start using i3-gaps(on my Parabola), so I started tweaking it. And I really
like it.
After reading some posts here and on other forums, I found Adapta + Papirus.

On my parabola I can easily install it using this command.
 > sudo pacman -S papirus-icon-theme adapta-gtk-theme

But for Trisquel... I need to add repo's

Papirus icon theme
 > sudo add-apt-repository ppa:papirus/papirus
 > sudo apt-get update
 > sudo apt-get install papirus-icon-theme

Adapta theme
 > sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tista/adapta
 > sudo apt-get update
 > sudo apt-get install adapta-gtk-theme

Papirus is ok, but the last command to install adapta-gtk-theme returns
"Can't find package adapta-gtk-theme".

When I try to add the repository, I can see this in the logging.
[Apr 26, 2018]
* Drop Xenial support.

So I try to install it from the source
https://github.com/adapta-project/adapta-gtk-theme#installation-from-git-source

I install all the required packages mentioned there, except sassc, which
isn't available in Trisquel repos.
So installing from source, doesn't work...

Is there Trisquel users, who can help me install adapta-gtk-theme?