[Trisquel-users] Re : Transmission won't connect to trackers in Trisquel 8

lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br
Wed Jul 17 13:39:43 CEST 2019

Great explanations.  Nevertheless, I am unsure of your "exception", at the
end of the post.  Even with the "trisquel" metapackage removed, updating the
distribution should not "result in a broken desktop", as far as I understand:
the still-installed dependencies of the older "trisquel" metapackage should
be updated (they can even have new dependencies), and so should packages
installed on top of that.  That should be fine.  Simply, the user does not
discover the new default applications that entered the new version of the
distribution.

So, for the specific example you gave, the user of Belenos who removed the
"trisquel" metapackage and updates to Flidas should still have a working
GNOME Flashback (at least if I correctly remember what is Belenos's default
desktop environment).  That said, and as I wrote before, I am unsure: I have
not tested that.