[Trisquel-users] Why did Trisquel installation fail when not connected to the Internet?

liberatrisquel at airmail.cc liberatrisquel at airmail.cc
Wed Jul 17 05:08:10 CEST 2019

I tried to install Trisquel via the installer and had no form of Internet
connection enabled. While grub2 was installing, I got the following error:

"GRUB Installation Failed. The 'grub-efi-amd64-signed' package failed to
install into /target/. Without the GRUB boot loader, the installed system
will not boot."

However, when I tried to install it again, this time with Internet enabled
and the "Download updates while installing Trisquel" option enabled, I did
not encounter the problem again and the installation was successful.

Anyone know why this could be?