[Trisquel-users] Atheros 9271 chipset "libre" but "non-free" in Debian - why ?

calmstorm at posteo.de calmstorm at posteo.de
Wed Jul 17 04:23:50 CEST 2019

I have a few reasons I dislike Debian,  firefox comes with pocket enabled
for one thing, for another, I prefer OpenRC over SystemD, but also, this was
a reason I could never use it on my netbook a while back.

That being said, I think you just gave me an even bigger reason to dislike
it.
Although most distros including Fedora, are decidedly worse.

I forgot that firmware was made free in 2013.  This is kind of well... sad
and absurd for a free as in freedom distro.  :(