[Trisquel-users] Start a Business Using Only Free and Open Source Tools!

fbits at runbox.com fbits at runbox.com
Tue Jul 16 05:20:07 CEST 2019

_On Beautiful Design_

I was tempted to say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," but that's not
even precisely the case here.

Aesthetics and fashion are dictated by the dominant corporations (e.g.
material design).

We are taught to expect certain things through propaganda and the huge market
share of these companies (most of us grow up immersed in it), and when we are
presented with a different approach we find it initially foreign, unfriendly
and sometimes ugly (Emacs could be one example).

This is an interesting UX critique:
http://contemporary-home-computing.org/RUE/