[Trisquel-users] Auto-sync data across multiple devices (GNU/Linux & Lineage)

fbits at runbox.com fbits at runbox.com
Tue Jul 16 05:00:35 CEST 2019

Hi Zangisharp,

Thanks for your response. I need the auto-sync to be frictionless and can
accept that the content is not stored encrypted as long as it does not use a
centralized, data-mined service and is encrypted when transmitted (e.g. ssh,
ssl, vpn tunnel).

What I intend to do seems to be stock with the main corporate players, but
I'm unwilling to use their proprietary apps and data-mined services.

I'm extremely surprised nobody in the free software community would find the
need to keep files auto-synched between mobile devices and desktops/laptops
outside of a LAN.

I'm willing to sacrifice the extra battery drain; If every user needs to sync
manually on every change (these files change often), it makes the system
prone to human error and untrustworthy.

Saludos libres,
fbit