[Trisquel-users] Problems installing GNU Health on Trisquel 8

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Sun Jul 14 19:54:18 CEST 2019

On 07/12, ricardo63 at autistici.org wrote:
> now I have the client, now I need to install the whole system:
>
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz
>
> The same way as the client should work, am I right?

Well, the few couple steps are the same,

$ wget https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz
$ tar xf gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz
$ cd gnuhealth-3.4.1/

but I don't see setup.py. Instead I see three executable files:
gnuhealth-setup, gnuhealth-control, and start_gnuhealth.sh.

When I run

$ ./gnuhealth-setup

I get

This is GNU Health Setup 3.4.0

usage: gnuhealth-setup command

Command:

  version : Show version
  install  : Install a GNU Health server
  help  : shows this message

So perhaps try running

$ ./gnuhealth-setup install

and see if this installs GNU Health. (I did not try this myself since I
don't want to install GNU Health on my machine.)

If that appears to work, try running it with

$ ./start_gnuhealth.sh