[Trisquel-users] Atheros 9271 chipset "libre" but "non-free" in Debian - why ?

enduzzer at riseup.net enduzzer at riseup.net
Sat Jul 13 17:52:17 CEST 2019

I installed Debian 10 Buster Gnome on my NUC5PPYH. I have TP-Link's TL-WN722N
v.1.10 Atheros AR9271. The wifi stick only works after installing
firmware-ath9k-htc AND editing the NetworkManager.conf file. Debian installer
won't offer to install free drivers for the wifi dongle. I used Calamares
installer and debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-gnome.iso. I was desperate to make it
connect. It always failed. Now it works.