[Trisquel-users] Problems installing GNU Health on Trisquel 8

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Thu Jul 11 19:20:53 CEST 2019

> it did not work. Here the error message:
> python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I'm not sure where you got this tarball from so I'm not sure whether it
is the right one or why it doesn't have setup.py. The GNU Health
downloads page[1] has multiple tarballs available. For now I'll assume
you're trying to install gnuhealth-client.

$ wget https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-client-3.4.4.tar.gz
$ tar xf gnuhealth-client-3.4.4.tar.gz
$ cd gnuhealth-client-3.4.4/
$ python setup.py build
$ sudo python setup.py install

After this, I was able to launch the program by running

$ gnuhealth-client

> And again my old question: should all commands be written together?

You input them one at a time. Is that what you're asking?

[1] https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/