[Trisquel-users] Abrowser or IceCat?

sevn at disroot.org sevn at disroot.org
Wed Jul 10 01:29:36 CEST 2019

Looking for anyone's opinion here. Here we have an OS that's certified by the
FSF and GnuProject and it's native browser vs the FSF and GnuProject's own
browser.

So freedom-wise they should be in the exact same landscape.

But what about other areas like performance, features, design (highly
subjective, but I'm interested in people's opinions on everything - even
highly subjective matters) etc.

Me personally I think IceCat does a way better job at handing out
information/protection to potential inexperienced users in regards to the
Javascript situation. On the default front page there are checkboxes for
enabling LibreJS extension and for disabling/enabling JS as a whole.

It's been a while since I reinstalled the OS (and/or reinstalled Abrowser)
but I don't think Abrowser has any of that information by default.