[Trisquel-users] Setting up a server

jbahn at mykolab.com jbahn at mykolab.com
Mon Jul 8 12:10:40 CEST 2019

One caution though is to be careful reading through any guide that suggests
adding a repository / downloading software, so that you do not inadvertently
add anything non-free if your goal (since you are using Trisquel) is to keep
a free/libre system

And accordingly I install wordpress from trisquel's repo. Most guides include
downloading the tar. A few install from repo, for instance this one:
https://linoxide.com/ubuntu-how-to/easy-steps-installing-wordpress-on-ubuntu-using-apt-get/

It seems to work fine. After the final command sudo bash
/usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql -n wordpress localhost I should
be able to 'start making [my] blog' when going to http://localhost/wordpress

But nothing happens!
I don't know what the 'sudo bash ...' command is supposed to do. If I am not
wrong (which I very might be) localhost will read the .html file in
/var/www/html but there is nothing in that folder which links to wordpress.
In the /var/www/ folder there is a folder called 'wordpress' (i.e. next to
the 'html' folder).

Any advise on how to make it work?