[Trisquel-users] Can see wifi network, but can't connect

alexander.pitsch at mailbox.org alexander.pitsch at mailbox.org
Sat Jul 6 17:01:36 CEST 2019

Hey all,

I've just replaced the Lenovo firmware on my T400 with libreboot. During this
process, I've also replaced the laptop's wifi chip with an Atheros AR9285
chipset.

It seems to me, like the new wifi chip is also recognized as

$ lspci

gives

$ ...
$ 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network
Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
$ ...

However, despite seeing different wifi networks, I can't connect to any of
them (tried with two different ones).

Could you provide me with some help on this? Will gladly provide any info you
need.

Thanks in advance.